Voice Bank Tools
About Voice Banking: Voice banking is a process that allows a person to record a set list of phrases with their own voice , while they still have the ability to do so. This recording is then converted to create a personal synthetic voice to be later used with speech generating devices.
Discover tools to help communicate and stay connected to family, friends, caregivers, and the latest news throughout an ALS Journey. Learn more about voice banking, equipment lending, and stay in touch with the ALS community.
Unique digital voices built by VocaliD uplift those who rely on assistive technologies and diversify the voices we hear in speaking devices and apps.
A voice cloning initiative from the ALS
The ModelTalker System is a speech synthesis
software package developed by the Nemours Speech Research Laboratory and designed to
benefit people who are losing or who have already lost their ability to speak. It allows people
who use a Speech Generating Device (SGD) to communicate with a unique personal synthetic voice that is representative of their own voice.
Related Articles & Blog Posts:
Individual chapters of the ALS Association as well as various ALS/MND clinics provide Equipment Loan Programs, sometimes called Equipment Closets, that supply temporary loaner equipment to ALS patients who are uninsured, under insured, who cannot access the benefits of their insurance (while in a nursing home, an assisted living facility, or hospice), or who are waiting for insurance approval.
ALS Association Chapters (partial list):
- DC/MD/VA Chapter
- Northern New England Chapter
- Greater New York Chapter
- Wisconsin Chapter
- Texas Chapter
- Wisconsin Chapter
- Massachusetts Chapter
- Greater Philadelphia Chapter
Connect with an ALS Community
Whether it’s connecting with other patients and caregivers for help and support, finding a clinic, or contributing valuable data to the CDC, leveraging a community of experts is a key action in managing the daily challenges of the disease and advancing towards a cure.
- Register with the CDC – Make a difference in the fight against ALS. Joining the National ALS Registry offers the chance to participate in research and be counted.
- Find an ALS Clinic – The ALS Association collaborates with leading ALS physicians and clinics to help ensure that people living with ALS have access to specialized care, based on best practices.
- Connect with a Community – There are many communities on the local and national level patients and caregivers can leverage to help gather information, share experiences, and help others. Here are a few to discover:
- ALS News – Stay up-to-date on ALS-related news, patient and caregiver stories, and information on clinical trials and other research milestones.